Friday, May 30, 2014

Last day of school! First grade here we come!


 

I would like to thank all of my kindergarten parents for allowing me to share in the life of your child for one year.  This class will always hold a special place in my heart because they are my last class that I will ever teach.  Since “kindergarten” means a child’s garden I hope I have planted the seeds of learning in your child and they will continue growing in the future.

     The students will be bringing home several things in their backpack to keep.  They have their journals, kidwriting notebook, and other things that we found in their desks.   The red binder is a gift to you from me, we have been collecting memories all year, and I hope you and your child will cherish it throughout the years!  They also have an autograph book with the student’s names and a picture from the last full day.

Library books need to be returned or you will be expected to pay for the book.

DVD’s and report cards will be distributed on the last day of school.  Report cards are yours to keep, and do not need to be signed and returned.

I hope you have a safe and restful summer, and I want you to know how proud I am of my students.  They worked very hard, and it just goes to show what they can accomplish even at their young age.

I encourage you to keep reading and writing with your child over the summer.  This will prepare them for a smooth transition into first grade.

I hope you enjoyed our graduation ceremony, I thought the kids did a great job!

I love when I get mail (I’m as bad as the kids), so if your child would like to send me a postcard from vacation, or a letter from home, my address is:

Mrs. Bernosky

109 Valley Hill Road

Ashland, Pa. 17921

Thank you for all the wonderful gifts I loved everything!!!

Happy summer!

No comments: